This post follow: Product Hunt Hackathon 2017 : Let’s kickstart
Today we will:
- Analyse survey answer
- Make a strategy
- Find a name
- Make a logo
- Design Ship page
I had basically 3 potential ideas I was willing to develop :
- CryptoNews : All news from Slack, Twitter, Reddit, Newsletter… in one place. Sorted by importance, impact, and date.
- CryptoSignalTx : Analyze thousands of transactions on the blockchain to find trading signals and price manipulations…
- CryptoAnalyse: Get advice & alerts based on your trades collected through your Poloniex/Bittrex account.
I tested which one got the most interest in a survey. I got answers from Reddit, Slack/Discord, and the Facebook hackathon group. Here the aggregated result :
- CryptoNews: 23.91% and and 24.14% willing to pay
- CryptoSignalTx: 71.74% and 41.38% willing to pay
- CryptoAnalyse: 23.91% and 20.69% willing to pay.
- Total answer: 46
So the winner is : CryptoSignalTx
It’s a small sample of participants. But now at least I can move on.
NOTE for people who want to do a survey on the Ship page: Do NOT send cold traffic to your Ship survey. Why ? People came to vote and come right on an email form page. I waste many potential voters because of that. But little mistake quickly fixed. Instead, I made a survey from SurveyPlanet. It’s simple and it worked!
For the next 1-2 weeks the focus is :
- Learn, Test and Experiment: Can we actually see something analyzing transactions on the blockchain ?
- Publish result: Post what I’ve found on Reddit/Slack and see how people react.
- Attract and Grow the subscribers on Ship: I trust the result I will find to attract people
- Make an App
The goal is really to get a community big enough before I start the development of the app.
Acquisition first. Product after.
Name is the MOST important part of a brand. So I have to make it right.
The name should be :
- Simple and Memorable
- Related to my industry
After a little brainstorm…I found those names.
For me, “Crypto Hunter” is the best name…But just to be sure… let’s make a quick survey on Facebook Hackathon group.
The survey is unanimous. The name is official. It is: Crypto Hunter
The value is also a key element of the brand. It’s what makes people click or want to learn more about your product. So let’s find the best one
- Analyse thousands of transactions on the blockchain to find trading signals, price manipulations, and unusual activities.
I didn’t find more clear that…So let’s go with that.
- See what’s really happening on the blockchain
- I analyze of thousands blockchain transactions so you don’t have to
- Spot price manipulation and unusual activities on the blockchain
- Spot unusual activities on the blockchain
Let’s make a quick logo on LogoFox
Design the Crypto Hunter’s Ship page a new look.
This is probably what I like the most with Ship. It’s so Fast to get something going. You literally only need a name you can get subscribers on your landing page.
Insanely simple !